CHAIRO was a joyful salutation in ancient Greece and perhaps a good way to introduce Coven Babylon, a new way to practice witchcraft.
More importantly though is LOGOS meant “the beginning of words.” John 1:1 states In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. “In the New Testament, the phrase ‘Word (Logos) of God,’ found in John 1:1 and elsewhere, shows God’s desire and ability to “speak” to the human. The Christian expression of this communication is evidenced in the Christ, who is the “Word become flesh.” In these three biblical words, Christianity points to the possibility of union between the human and the divine, or the personal and the absolute. God’s logos, which the Christ represents, acts as a bridge between the human’s inner spiritual needs and the answer proclaimed by the Christian message.’ (http://www.pbs.org/faithandreason/theogloss/logos-body.html)
My goal for Coven Babylon is to prove that it is not one God but quite a few that hope to form an alliance between man and the “Mighty Ones” to accomplish great deeds. But it begins with us individually – our will, our hearts, our desire.
This website is my gift to aid your inner journey from our present back to Greece and then to Sumer and the very beginnings of our Western civilization.
PRE-REQUISITES TO JOIN COVEN BABYLON
1. Agree that Gender is part of a spectrum and believe true magick is seen through a polarity rather than a gender. Aset is intersexed and Babylon’s primary initiator.
2. Understand Babylon’s pagan lineage: READ People of the Woods.
3. Design your magickal name so that your name and birthday are numerologically equal. To download Excel program that calculates the number of your name:
Name Numerology (1)
of if you want to do it manually:
4. Write a short autobiography of your magickal history. This is just to let us know where to begin with your particular journey. Please include:
a) what was the experience that hit you over the head with a 2X4 to let you know you were a spiritual being
b) why you’re here
c) what you contribute to Babylon
d) traditions of which you have experience
e) What are you looking to get out of Babylon
5. Learn the four elements are and make your own copper Athame and tools. Check schedule for classes and workshops.
6. Knowing names and seasons for the 8 Sabbats.
7. Understand 3 different Oracles. You will learn and/or practice your main one while working toward 2d degree…but other oracles bring different perspectives.
8. If you’re here, you’re a magickal person and by this time, you probably know it. Be able to define and discuss a “Living Myth.” See Heroes Journey/Monomyth in “Journeys” above.
9. Exploring Anne Baring. Read her bio and 1st lecture. (website:www.annebaring.com). What are synchronicities and how are they connected with “Everything happens for a Reason.”
10. Formally commit to the Circle. Can we depend on you? Can you use the Dedication in “Ritual” above;
11. Maintain a notebook with dividers to put rituals, projects, emails, etc.
12. Begin thinking about your HGA. (i.e. Mine is Aylward. Jung’s was Phileman. Crowley’s was Aiwass)
13. Read and be prepared to discuss: http://kernelmag.dailydot.com/features/report/8557/jack-parsons-rocket-pioneer-and-occult-genius/
14. Witchcraft has suffered a long time for its associations with a fabricated Satan. Be ready to unpack the Devil myths and discuss:
a) why the Jewish faith doesn’t believe in a devil;
b) who was King James;
c) Luciferian connections to Gnostic Abraxas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraxas; Philemon Foundation above),
d) the male Luciferian myths’ evolution from the goddess Inanna;
e) Mithris contributions of Good/Evil to the West through Alexander the Great opening up the gates between Persia and the Mediterranean.
f) About our fear of the metaphysical (see http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8334055.stm); what were the Burning Times? Be prepared to discuss.
Why did Christianity take hold in the Western culture? Read Luke 12:51: Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I have come to divide people against each other.